RetroShare is an application to exchange messages and files safely and connect with your friends.
RetroShare is a distribution network that uses p2p technology to create a private network through which you can exchange files, send and receive emails, chat, and participate in various forums and channels.
RetroShare GnuPG also requires the installation of GnuPG, an application that encrypts and signs your data and communications in general. In this way, RetroShare ensures that every exchange you make through it, is done safely while protecting your privacy. Both GnuPG and RetroShare are free, open source programs.
Once the program is downloaded and installed, the RetroShare interface asks you to create a username, complete your profile and enter the password you selected seconds before to connect to the RetroShare network.
You'll see that the RetroShare interface is very descriptive and easy to understand, just like its toolbar and the other services offered by the program, as it is similar to other environments we are familiar with.
When you have logged into RetroShare you can find friends or send them an invitation and start chatting, as well as performing multiple uploads and downloads simultaneously.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is RetroShare downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of RetroShare.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install RetroShare on your PC, you have to download the RetroShare_0.5.1c_4163_setup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is RetroShare free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to RetroShare?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.