- Ares Windows 10
Ares is a file sharing software tha is based on P2P networks.
File sharing between users is very common since the Internet became popular among users. When we talk about sharing files, we mean file sharing using P2P networks. A P2P network refers to a group of computers connected between them. The files that we download from a P2P network are located on other computers on the network.
Ares Galaxy (this is the full name of the software) has been in the market more than 10 years, since it made its appearance in the middle of the year 2002. This software is one of the most used and downloaded for share music, videos, images, documents, etc.
Using the program is very simple since we can make searches of what we want, and look for it according to the file type: audio, video, document, image, etc. In every search we do we can use filters like: title, quality, resolution, date, author, category, etc. In this way, it is easier to find what we are looking for and get only those results that are most relevant.
We should be careful with files that are shared. As a general rule, the program uses a folder "shared files" in the "home" of our Windows user. In the "filesharing" option located in control panel, we must mark only those folders that we want to share, so if mistakenly we mark a directory that we don't want to share, this will be shared and other Ares users can download the directory files.
In more recent versions of the program, in addition to the usual downloads, we download .torrent files, because the program includes BitTorrent network support. Another interesting feature offered in the software is the ability to chat with other users of the program. We can configure our profile by choosing a nick, uploading a photo and introducing additional information we want. The style of the chat reminds the IRC format.
Finally say that Ares includes a Streaming service in which we can display some TV channels, listen to certain radio stations and play a limited number of movies.
Ddownload file that we offer here is clean of viruses and malware, since there are plenty of installers on the Internet that include some sort of adware in the installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Ares downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Ares.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Ares on your PC, you have to download the aresregular255_installer.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2.5.5.
- Is Ares free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Ares?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.