iTunes is the popular music and video manager developed by the company Apple.
IS very common today, to have our music and movies collection in digital format. To organize these files, we need to use some kind of software that will help us to organize our collection and allow us to quickly search for the song we want to listen, or movie we want to watch.
iTunes is known worldwide for being the default media manager that comes installed in Apple computers. In addition to managing media files, we can access iTunes Store, to buy music or movies. Any item that we buy in the Store, will be automatically added to our iTunes library, which can be accessed from other devices like iPhone mobile phone or iPad tablet.
When we install the program, it shows the option to go to iTunes Store to buy new multimedia material, or we can choose the option “Find content”, and the program searches for multimedia content on PC hard disk. In this way our entire music and video library will be collected and classified automatically.
If we want to add new content to digital library, the easiest way is to drag files or folders into the program, and this will import all dragged files.
The program only supports QuickTime or MPEG-4 movie format. So if we want to add movies in another format, we need to convert them first to .mov, .m4v, or .mp4.
Movies will be classified by genre (comedy, family, drama, romance, action, etc).
In addition to movies, we will be able to add any other type of video that will become part of the collection.
Our music collection will be organized by: album, artist or genre. We can also create playlists. In addition, we can add music videos from the Store, so that, we not only enjoy the music of our favorite artists, we will also be able to view their video clips.
The program will automatically download music album cover. To be able to use this feature, we must create an Apple account. This Apple account will also be necessary to access the Store and buy digital content.
We can add Podcasts stored on the hard disk, or we can import any available podcast in the Store. Just need to navigate through “Podcasts” section of the Store, and press on “Subscribe” button in the podcast that we want to hear.
Thanks to the option of “Home Sharing”, we will be able to access our iTunes library from 5 different computers in our home. That is to say, all the files that are in the library (bought in the Store or stored on our Hard Disk), will be accessible from any computer or device with iTunes installed (to a maximum of 5). Will be able to share the library computers with Mac or Windows installed, iOS (iPhone and iPad), and Apple TV (2nd generation or higher).
The program offers the option of automatically updated along with other Apple products. This option is convenient to always keep up-to-date Apple applications, and to avoid potential security flaws.
The program is free and is noted for its ability to organize music available on our hard drive, and the vast database of music and movies that we can buy from the Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is iTunes downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of iTunes.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64 bits, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of iTunes.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 188.8.131.52. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 184.108.40.206.
- Is iTunes free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to iTunes?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.