Xonotic is a free shooting and cross-platform game developing in the first person.
Xonotic is a fork of Nexuiz game and it is inspired in other games of the same category such as Tournament, Unreal and Quake; though it has some distinguishing features. The emphasis in Xonotic is put on movement, with a great approach in speed increase, long-distance jumps and control of levels geometry.
Xonotic graphic environment is a futurist and a science fiction one, in which high technology and spacial environments are emphasized. Xonotic is based on Darkplaces´ engine game, which has been modified so as the game be more advanced. This engine enables Xonotic to show colorful and shining graphics, a very good combination of lights and shadows, as well as images with a high dynamic range.
In Xonotic you will find different mode games, 16 totally, including the elimination of opponents by weapons such as laser, shotguns, machine guns and rocket launchers in closed scenarios (sand) and the fight between two teams to capture the enemy´s flag and guard yours.
Xonotic is thought to be played in multi-player mode and can be played up to 64 players simultaneously fighting with different, special and unique weapons.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Xonotic downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Xonotic.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Is Xonotic free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Xonotic?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.