Warsow is a shooter in first person (FPS), with comic esthetics and playability very similar to which we can find in games as Quake or Unreal Tournament, reference gams in this style.
The fact that Warsow is similar to this type of games, is because its 3D motor, Qfusion, is a variation of Quake II motor, which summed with all the guns, possibilities of players customization, game scenes and battle modes, convert Warsow into a great Open Source alternative to the similar commercial games.
The esthetics of Warsow gives us a different perspective comparing to what we are used to in this kind of games, with new graphics, incorporating images of cartoons or comics, mixing them with dark and shinny textures, without forgetting the essence of the game, the playability without limits.
Placed in a futuristic environment, in Warsow we have total freedom in the game scenes, jumping, running, escaping, shooting everything that moves, and all this con the guns and qualities of our characters totally configurable, which makes the game even more interesting.
In Warsow we can find many game modes:
- Duel: We fight alone against other player in a 10 minute battle.
- Duel Arena: Same as the previous mode, is a one to one battle, but in this case player are being replaced as they die.
- Deathmatch: The classic game mode all against all.
- Team Deathmatch: In this case, the players are divided in two teams that face each other during approximately 220 minutes.
- Flag Capture: We have to run against the clock trying to capture the enemies flag or defending ours.
- Carrera: We will fight to pass the challenges that appear as quick as we can.
- Clan Arena: Based in Rocket Arena from Quake mode game.
- Istangib: Each player only has one gun, which kills with only one shot, without any other kind of help. It can be matched with the other modes.