Warsow is a shooter in first person (FPS), with comic esthetics and playability very similar to which we can find in games as Quake or Unreal Tournament, reference gams in this style.
The fact that Warsow is similar to this type of games, is because its 3D motor, Qfusion, is a variation of Quake II motor, which summed with all the guns, possibilities of players customization, game scenes and battle modes, convert Warsow into a great Open Source alternative to the similar commercial games.
The esthetics of Warsow gives us a different perspective comparing to what we are used to in this kind of games, with new graphics, incorporating images of cartoons or comics, mixing them with dark and shinny textures, without forgetting the essence of the game, the playability without limits.
Placed in a futuristic environment, in Warsow we have total freedom in the game scenes, jumping, running, escaping, shooting everything that moves, and all this con the guns and qualities of our characters totally configurable, which makes the game even more interesting.
In Warsow we can find many game modes:
- Duel: We fight alone against other player in a 10 minute battle.
- Duel Arena: Same as the previous mode, is a one to one battle, but in this case player are being replaced as they die.
- Deathmatch: The classic game mode all against all.
- Team Deathmatch: In this case, the players are divided in two teams that face each other during approximately 220 minutes.
- Flag Capture: We have to run against the clock trying to capture the enemies flag or defending ours.
- Carrera: We will fight to pass the challenges that appear as quick as we can.
- Clan Arena: Based in Rocket Arena from Quake mode game.
- Istangib: Each player only has one gun, which kills with only one shot, without any other kind of help. It can be matched with the other modes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Warsow downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Warsow.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Warsow on your PC, you have to download the warsow_1.51_setup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Warsow free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Warsow?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.