SMPlayer is an advanced multimedia files player. Not only plays videos, DVD and VCD, but rather it is also compatible with the filters for MPlayer and many other advanced functions.
A really useful characteristic is that SMPlayer keeps a registration of the configuration of all the files that plays. If you begin to watch a movie and you have to stop it, when you open it again, this it will begin in the exact same point where you left it, and with the same values that you have defined for the parameters of volume, hint, subtitles, etc. Doesn’t it sound interesting?
With SMPlayer you can also select the hint of audio that you want to listen, and personalize the subtitles: the used source, its size and color. And, to forward or to rewind the movie, you simply have to move the wheel of your mouse.
SMPlayer allows you to configure the shine, contrast, saturation and gamma of the image; to reproduce the videotapes in different speeds or slow motion; to apply several filter types, including karaoke.
Besides, SMPlayer has a simple dialogue of preferences board, so you can configure all the options on a quick way. The application is available in more than 20 languages, it is free and multi plataform. You don't have an excuse for not test it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is SMPlayer downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of SMPlayer.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64 bits, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of SMPlayer.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 20.4.2. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 20.4.2.
- Is SMPlayer free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to SMPlayer?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.