Pidgin is a multiplatform messaging program with which you’ll be able to chat with friends using AIM, Jabber, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN Messenger, IRC and others.
Using Pidgin you don’t need to open several applications to communicate with your friends from AIM, Jabber, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN Messenger, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SIMPLE, SILC, and Zephyr.
Pidgin supports features such as: file transfer, messages when you’re absent and writing notification. Pidgin has also other features which make it unique, such as: executing an application or sound when a specific friend is online, offline or absent. Besides you can install plugins to make it more complete. Among others, you have plugns such as orthographic revision, tabbed conversations and others.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Pidgin downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Pidgin.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Pidgin on your PC, you have to download the pidgin-2.10.7.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Pidgin free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Pidgin?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.