- NOD32 Windows 10
NOD32 is an antivirus that protects our computer against viruses and spyware.
To have an anti-virus installed on our PC is something essential and necessary. There are a multitude of Online threats that can compromise the integrity of our computers: viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, adware, rootkits, etc. Because that, the antivirus installed in our PC must protect us from these threats, and other unknown.
NOD32 Antivirus is characterized by being highly effective in viruses and malwares detection, in addition to the limited use of PC resources.
This program also protects the computer against threats that try to take advantage of known vulnerabilities of installed programs on the PC. This type of threats are known as “Exploits”. Another type of “exploit”, is one that is installed in the system and blocks certain part of it, requesting an amount of money to unlock it. This threat is known more specifically as “ransomware”. Thanks to this antivirus our PC can be protected against this type of threat.
This software also protects the computer against possible theft of personal information, such as passwords, banking information, user data, etc.
Another strong point of this antivirus is the detection of unknown threats, or those that are designed to hide from the radars of the antivirus. If the anti-virus finds a suspicious file, it query a database in the cloud and check file reputation.
We tend to think that anti-virus slows down our computer and they are annoying because display constant warnings and popups. With NOD32 Antivirus we will not have any of those problems, because it consumes very few resources while scanning, and also postpones the tasks that consume more resources, for the moments in which we are not using the PC. In addition, if we use the anti-virus on a laptop, it will adjust the operations to consume less battery when the computer is not plugged into the power grid.
The antivirus has a operation mode called “Video game Mode”, which will prevent the display of any kind of notice or window that requires our intervention. In this way, every time that we play a video game or see a movie in full screen, the antivirus is “muted” and does not display any type of warning.
The analysis of the system is done in the background, that is to say, the antivirus scans the files that are being used, and alert us in case of suspicion. At all times we will be able to manually launch a full PC scan.
Updates of the known viruses database is automatic, although we will be able to force the update manually at any time.
The anti-virus performs a series of tasks (updates, registry maintenance, checks startup tasks, etc), which we can configure it to run with a certain frequency: daily, weekly, when a condition is met, etc.
The program has a statistics section where we can see the number of items scanned, infected items and items that have been disinfected.
The program has a very clean and clear interface, which makes it very simple for all types of users, as it shows the essential buttons and necessary information to be able to do a basic use of the anti-virus. However it has an advanced configuration, so users with more experience can configure the anti-virus according to their preferences.
The antivirus is paid and offers a trial version for 30 days. To make use of this version, we must register the product free of charge. We should enter our e-mail, and we will receive a key that allows us to make use of the antivirus for 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is NOD32 downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of NOD32.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install NOD32 on your PC, you have to download the eset_nod32_antivirus_live_installer.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2020.
- Is NOD32 free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to NOD32?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.