CPU-Z is a tool that displays information about the main components of the PC: CPU, memory and baseboard.
You don’t need to install CPU-Z, just decompress the .zip file and run the .exe file inside, and you’ll have the program running. The information that CPU-Z will show is the following:
- Name and number
- Core Process and stepping
- Core Voltage
- Internal and external clock frequency, clock multiplier
- Supported instructions
- All cache levels (localization,size, speed, technology)
- Manufacturer, model and revision
- BIOS model and date
- Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor
- Graphic Interface
- Frequency and time.
- Specification of the memory modules using SPD (Serial Presence Detect): manufacturer, series number, timetable
- Windows and DirectX version
CPU-Z is able to recognize practically any type of microprocessor and motherboard.