Download Among Us on PC FREE
How to play Among Us and how it works? This is the question of many users who would like to play the game that has become the game of the moment. Among Us is a collective game available on PC paying and free via the mobile phone in iOS and Android with a crossover game that brings together all players (who can play from the platform of their choice).
Among Us actually dates back to 2018, but now it is gaining ground among users who spend entire afternoons playing online multiplayer, or local, on the title developed by Inner Sloth.
Among Us is an online multiplayer 2D social deduction and murder mystery game. Released back in June 2018, Among Us has become the recent sensation on the Playstore with over 100 million downloads worldwide.
Among Us is set in space where you either play as a crewmate or an imposter. Your spaceship is facing technical difficulties, and the crewmates must fix it but wait; there is a twist. Among your crewmates, there are one or more secret imposters whose job is to prevent the crewmates from achieving their goals. However, the imposters are chosen at complete random, and the remaining crewmates are unaware of it.
An imposter has the power to either kill anyone or sabotage the ongoing progress made by the crewmates. The crewmates must complete their tasks to win while keeping an eye out for whoever is the imposter. This is where your deduction skills are put to the test. If you have any leads, you can call emergency meetings to discuss it with your crewmates to figure out the imposter.
As for the imposter, it must carefully select its every kill as so not to reveal its identity and yet prevent crewmates from completing their tasks. It can kill crewmates one by one or hide in the vent when seemed necessary.
Among Us features 4-10 players in a single match with 1-3 imposters accordingly. The game is completely multiplayer, and you can either create a private room, join a public server, or play locally on Wi-Fi. Among Us is a game of lies, deception, and mystery. Only those with the most cunning approach can hope to win.
Find out who the imposter is
Complete your tasks to win
Kill crewmates and hide in vents to cover tracks
Fool your opponent with lies and deceits
Play with 4-10 friends in a private match
Connect with others via the chat option
This is a tutorial on installing and playing Among Us on PC, using as a tool a program called BlueStacks, an Android PC emulator. As many know, Among Us, the multiplayer game that is very recognized, as it went viral in a short time, and everyone wants to live that experience by sharing with their friends today. We will see how to download the latest version of Among Us in a simple and fast way for PC for free.
To start playing Among Us with your friends, they must have the same version of the game. It is highly recommended to always be updated and download the latest version of Among Us.
Here is the video tutorial so you can follow this guide easily:
Steps to play Among Us for PC for free
- The first thing to enjoy Among Us is to enter the official BlueStacks website. There you will have the necessary information about the advantages of the emulator. Among its advantages is the speed and comfort in the controls.
- To begin, you must click the button Download Among Us on PC. When you click it, the download link will save a file called BluestacksInstaller.exe.
- When the download is finished, you open the downloaded file, and you will be asked to accept the Windows permissions. Click on the "Yes" option.
- Then, the BlueStacks installer opens, and you click on the Install now button so the emulator installation can start.
- After downloading about 570 MB, which is the weight of the emulator.
- A window of Google Play will appear, where you have to click on the option to Sign In since it is mandatory to download the game. You click again on Sign In, and in the next window, you will be sent to fill in the Google Play credentials. Enter your data, which can be your YouTube account, Gmail, or any other Google service.
- Accept the terms of service and click on the Continue button.
- After logging into Google Play, you will receive an email informing you that a new device has accessed your Google account. This is normal since BlueStacks is just another Android device, like a cell phone or tablet. Once you have completed these steps, go to the Bluestacks desktop by clicking on the arrow in the lower right corner of the window.
- On the emulator's desktop, you will see the icon of Among Us along with the button Install game. Click on the button Install game to go to the Play Store, and there, download and install the game.
- After these steps, the game will be downloaded, and you will be able to enjoy Among Us on PC.
- To launch the game, you must go to the tab "My games," and there you will find the game icon. Click on the icon to launch the game.
- When accessing BlueStacks, you can change the keyboard configuration and set it to your liking. Also, you can set the full-screen emulator by pressing the key F11 of the keyboard.
- The default game language is in the language of your Windows. If you want, you can change the language with any other. To do this, you must go to the cogwheel that appears at the emulator's bottom right and go to Preferences. There, a drop-down menu will appear where you can choose the desired language. Both the emulator and the game will change to the selected language.
Information about the free version of Among Us without emulator
It must be clear that the PC version of the game is paid, and the Android version is free. That's why we will use BlueStack to emulate an Android device and therefore play the game for free.
To check it, you can do the following steps:
- We are going to the official website Among Us, and you'll see that if you click on download the Windows version, it has a cost in dollars.
- If we go to itch.io's website and click on Download, a purchase window will appear, and at the top, there is a link that says, "No, thanks." We click on that link. We will realize that by hitting "No thanks," it will send us straight to the Android download, not to the Windows download.
- In this way, we will see the importance of the Bluestacks emulator to be able to download Among Us and play for free.
Start playing Among us.
Once the installation of the emulator on your PC, you can start playing. I'll tell you how to take the first steps to play.
The main thing is to put the name of your character to start.
Four options appear as soon as you enter the game: local, how to play, online and free mode:
- Local: in local we can create a game and be a host
- Online: online, we have three options.
- Host: we can create a game, choose the map of preference, the language in which the game will be, the impostors and the limit of them, and the maximum of players: from 1 to 10. Each room has a verification code to share it with friends so that they can join the game.
- Private: In private, you can enter the code that your friends from anywhere in the world send you and start the game. That is to say, a VIP room.
- Public: in this mode, you can enter games of unknown people and make friends. You also can change the language.
- How to play: In this option, you will have a tutorial in which they will explain to you how you should play.
What is it, how to play, and the general rules?
Among Us is, in every sense, a multiplayer game, the classic party game where you can have fun with different users at the same time. You can see the players moving in a caricatural space scenario inside a blocked and not working spaceship in the general plot.
All players must complete certain objectives, called tasks, necessary to ensure the victory of the game. However, there are the impostors, players who play saboteurs' role and, therefore, hide among the crew. The game session includes movements and displacements inside the spaceship to complete the tasks. There is a part reserved for group consultation and voting to expel the impostors (the player with the most votes and recognized as such, will be forced to leave the spaceship and consequently lose the game).
The game possibilities are different: you can start the games with random players, with friends connected in multiplayer through private rooms (generated by a special code to share).
Once you have gathered your group, all you have to do is to start a game.
How to play: the tasks
The host, i.e., the user who creates the game, can choose the number of tasks to be completed at the beginning of the game with the settings. There are three types of tasks that are given at the beginning of the game:
- Short: can be solved in a short time and consists of mini-games;
- Long: a bit more complicated and with more moves between rooms to be solved;
- Common: common for all players are completed by cooperating in teamwork.
- Completing the tasks is how the game tries to encourage users to move around the map of the spaceship, increasing the risk of finding themselves alone, making the player more vulnerable and exposed to the attacks of the impostor who moves around the structure, pretending to be a partner.
The goal is to complete them quickly, to expose themselves as little as possible to the attacks.
How to play: the map and the movements in the spaceship
Knowing how to move around the map of Among Us is fundamental.
Through the upper and right buttons, you can consult a map to have a complete vision of the ship, with points marked with an exclamation mark ("!"), to point out the areas needed to finish the different tasks. The advice is to keep the map always open on the game screen to always have a clear vision and know-how to move intelligently.
It is also important to keep an eye on the map to detect an impostor's movements: manage your movements in the shortest time possible, complete the tasks quickly, and avoid impostors getting in the way of the group's plans.
How to be an impostor in Among Us: how does the role work?
Performing the impostor is not easy, but it is perhaps one of Among Us's most interesting parts. Basically, you try to trick other players by killing them when you're not being watched or convince the group that the impostor is someone else who is then sentenced to death.
Not to be caught and not to arouse suspicion is obviously the goal of any self-respecting impostor. Among the exclusive skills granted to the player in this role is to enter the air ducts to hide from the crew. It is also important to try to complete the various tasks assigned, thus avoiding arousing suspicion, and to take advantage of the opportunity to attack at the right time.
If one of the impostors succeeds in inferring serious damage to the ship, it will then go to the phase of Crisis: in this phase, the impostors may be very close to victory, but the group of good ones is favored by the fact that all members must focus on the solution of the problem (with red arrows indicating where to go to complete the resolution).
Talking and chatting
Communication is important in Among Us, especially in the most exciting phases of the game.
You can choose to communicate through a text or voice chat: a conversation with other crew members can only be initiated if the others join in. Of course, you can also talk outside of the game using Discord or another Voice service. Normally, there will be meetings to try to clear up accusations made to a player.
The decision necessarily involves a confrontation between the parties, making the game's experience similar to a typical real-life role-playing game.
Role-playing as ghosts
Dying does not necessarily mean the end of the game. Players who have had the misfortune of being eliminated can still play like ghosts. Obviously, they cannot communicate with players who are still alive. Still, they enjoy several improvements such as speed and the ability to pass through the walls that separate the different zones.
As you can see, we can easily play the game on PC, using a keyboard and mouse, enjoying it on the big screen, and on any PC, no matter the brand can be an HP PC or any other brand. BlueStacks will give us the opportunity to enjoy this great game on our Windows computer.
by Rubén Hernández