Discord allows you to communicate by voice with one or several people in a simple way. It integrates perfectly with online games, since it makes optimal use of PC resources and Internet bandwidth.
Discord is known for the role it plays when communicating to players of the same game. Easy installation, and the few resources used (both processor and bandwidth) have made Discord a benchmark among players of online video games.
In spite of this, this software can be used for other tasks than online gaming. For example, you can create a group within the program, and invite people to that group, in such a way that you will be able to talk with several people at the same time.
In addition to voice chat, you can write, attach files, send pictures, or use emoticons in the chat, which will enrich your written conversation.
To use this software, you must be registered on its website. Once registered, download the software and install it as usual.
For those who do not want to download the software, you can use the Discord web application, which you only will have to use your browser in order to use this program and talk with other people, Although the recommended action is to download the desktop application.
Once in the program, you will be able to create a group or join an existing one. If you opt for the first option, you will have to invite more users to join your group. In order to do so, you will have a special link that you can send to your friends to join your group.
If what you want is to join an existing group, you must have the link that previously you have been sent to join that group.
Within each group, there are various channels of both text and voice chat, where you will be able to talk about different subjects.
In the voice channels, you can limit the number of people who participate in that channel, so you can create groups so that a few people can talk.
The program has notices in such a way that you will get a notification each time a new message is received in any of the channels in which you participate.
Discord has a very interesting function that has made this program so popular. This function has the possibility to integrate with programs of streaming such as OBS Studio or Xplit in such a way that it will try to consume less bandwidth and CPU power as possible, to facilitate the live broadcasts made by the programs mentioned above.
This software is completely free and you will be able to download it for Windows. Its graphical interface is translated into several languages, among them Spanish.
There is no doubt that Discord is an essential software for a large number of gamers, although it is also used by other communities such as workers in remote, to make teleconferences smoothly and efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Discord downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Discord.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Discord on your PC, you have to download the DiscordSetup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 0.0.301.
- Is Discord free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.