- Audacious Windows 10
Audacious is a free audio media player that supports all types of audio files.
This audio player stands out for its simplicity of use and the possibility of using different graphical interfaces.
If we miss the interface of Winamp, thanks to Audacious we can recover this aesthetic and “dress” the player with different Skins reminiscent of the retired Winamp.
We also have a modern wide interface, so it can show more information about sound files that are played, such as: file format, quality, artist, album, etc.
To add files to the playlist is as simple as dragging the files or folder to the player, and it automatically creates a playlist with the dragged files.
The creation and management of playlists is something essential in this program. We can create and save as many playlists as we want, and arrange the songs of the lists by: title, artist, track number, album, duration, etc. If we import a large number of songs to a playlist, it is possible that some of the songs are repeated. Thanks to the function “Remove duplicates”, we will be able to delete the files that have the same title or the same file name.
We can create a play queue of multiple lists, in such a way that the list will be played one after the other.
The program supports various lists formats such as: ASXv1, ASXv2, ASXv3, M3U, PLS, XSPF.
The program includes a series of plugins that extend the capabilities. For example, we can activate a plugin to download album cover, or we can activate a plugin to download automatically songs lyrics. It is also possible to activate a plugin to send the data of the songs that we are playing to last.fm (Scrobbler).
We also have a series of sound effects that we can apply to the songs, these effects include: echo, speed and tone, extra stereo, channel mixer, voice removal, and more.
If we make use of the filter voice removal, and the plugin to automatically download lyrics, we can simulate in a simple way a Karaoke.
Also included are three simple display plugins that will display a graphic representation of the sound. These plugins are: spectrum analyzer, fuzzy and spectrum analyzer OpenGL.
The Windows version of the program does not include an installer. We need to unzip the .zip file and run the program which is located in bin/audacious.exe.
The program is open source and is available for Windows and Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Audacious downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Audacious.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Is Audacious free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Audacious?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.