Review Alcohol 120
Alcohol 120 is a software that allows making copies of CDs and DVDs.
CDs and DVDs are not used as much as in the past decade due to the ease of access to other storage media of higher capacity than CDs and DVDs. Despite this, it is convenient to have installed software that can make copies of our CDs and DVDs so that we can create backup copies of our movies and music CDs.
Alcohol 120 is developed to facilitate the copying of CDs and DVDs. For this reason, it can copy protected discs such as SecuROM or SafeDisc. These systems prevent copying the content from the original CD or DVD to a hard drive or another CD/DVD. If we are legal owners of an original CD/DVD with some anti-copy system, we will not have to worry about it because, with this program, we can create backups, either on another CD/DVD or create a disc image on the hard disk. Note that this program cannot make copies of discs protected with the CSS system (ContentScramble System).
The use of the program is straightforward. Making use of the panel located on the left side of the window, we will have access to all the features of the program: create a copy from disc to disc, create an image from a disc, create a disc from an image, or create an image from files on our hard drive, and more.
All of these features allow data manipulation from discs to save it correctly. That is to say; we can create images of our movies, music discs, software, etc., and save them on the hard drive. This way, we will avoid possible damage to the original discs because we can use the images stored in the hard disk to reproduce them as if they were the original disc.
Another option is to create an image 1:1, that is to say, an exact copy of the original disc, so we can play the copy and avoid possible damage to the original disc.
Discs images saved on the hard disk can easily be used thanks to the system of Virtual Drives included in the program. A Virtual Drive is a drive that is added to Windows, and that can be accessed from any part of the system: system explorer, other programs, etc. For example, the software will create a drive called J (or any other letter). J drive will be accessible the same way we access the Operating System drives C or D. The only difference with a standard unit is that J only supports CDs/DVDs images.
So, if, for example, we have created an image of one of the music CDs from our favorite artist, we will be able to "load" that image in the J Virtual Drive and access it using the Windows media player to listen to the songs as if we were listening to the original CD.
With this program, we can create up to 6 Virtual Drives.
The program supports many disc image formats like ISO, NRG (Nero), CDI, CUE, MD5, B5T, and more. This means we can use almost any image in the Virtual Drives.
We may have disc images stored in our hard disk, and we don't know where they are. For these cases, we can use the disc image search engine included in the program, so we only need to select the location where we want to search and the type of images we want to locate.
We will be able to add the images found to the list of "available images" of the program, and from that list, we will be able to mount the image in a Virtual Drive using the right mouse button.
The program is paid and offers us a 15 days trial version to test all the program's functionalities without any limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Alcohol 120 downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Alcohol 120.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Alcohol 120 on your PC, you have to download the Alcohol120_FE_184.108.40.2061.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 220.127.116.111.
- Is Alcohol 120 free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Alcohol 120?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.
- Alcohol 120 home
- Alcohol Soft
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Me
- Windows 2003
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows 98