Nero is the classic CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays discs burning and duplication software.
The golden age of CDs and DVDs has been left behind, and the times where having DVD recorder installed on PC was something new, also. With the popularization of USB storage devices, their high speeds of transfer, its storage capacity and its low cost, have made the backup CD, DVD or Blu-Ray something exceptional. Still, there are times where we need to make a copy of a disc or want to extract audio from a music CD from our collection. At those times it is useful to have a burning program on hand, and what better than Nero Burning ROM for the task.
With more than 15 years in the market, Nero is a piece of software that was able to excel in the golden age of CD/DVD recorders and currently stays in the market offering a complete and robust Software.
With this program we can make any type of copy of CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray; Data CDs, music CDs, copies of Blu-ray and more. One of the remarkable features of this program is the ability to copy our files "intelligently" and distribute them on several discs. For example, if we want to copy lots of files that occupy several discs, Nero is responsible for distributing the files so that they occupy the lowest number of discs.
When we create a data disc, we can select an executable file .exe that is launched just insert the disc on your PC. In this way we will create an autorun disc without any complication.
By all it is known that CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays are in danger of deteriorating over time, or suffer scratches that damage the data on the disc. Thanks to this program we will be able to recover data even on a damaged or deteriorated disc. Thanks to SecurDisc function, the program uses empty space to copy duplicate data that can fit in that empty space, thus increasing the chances of recovering the data that have been damaged. Also inform us the status of the disc, letting us know when the disc begins to deteriorate. Thanks to this, the deterioration of the disc is not avoided, but our data will be safer in the disc because we can recover it before the complete disc deterioration.
If we want to protect our data from outside looks, we can protect the disc with AES-128 encryption, which is an encryption algorithm of data used by Governments, banks and security systems across the world.
Of course we can create backup copies of our discs and save as ISO, CUE, NRG, or IMG image. We can also easily extract audio from music CDs and convert it to mp3 format, APE, flac, ogg, etc. The extracted files, may be automatically named and tagged correctly, thanks to the information that the program collects from Gracenote (database on music and video).
With Nero CoverDesigner (included with Nero) we will create covers and labels for our discs so them look better and are easily identifiable.
And if by chance you plan to make copies in mass, you will not have problems since this magnificent software supports up to thirty-two disc recorders in parallel.
As a final note, would know that the logo program is the Roman Colosseum in flames? and that the name is a reference to the Roman Emperor Nero?, so you could say that Nero Burning ROM means "Nero Burning Rome"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Nero downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Nero.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Nero on your PC, you have to download the Nero_BurningROM2018-22.214.171.124_stub_trial.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2018 126.96.36.199.
- Is Nero free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Nero?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.