360 Browser is a web browser that focuses on the detection and prevention of phishing pages, along with the detection of malware downloads.
The Internet is a place where we can find all kinds of information and content. Thanks to the millions of web pages that exists, we can be informed about almost any topic we are interested in. Despite all the advantages of the Internet, we must be aware that there are website that his only intention is to defraud the end-user.
360 Browser alerts the end-user when is entering a website with bad reputation, or when the user tries to download a file that contains malware. Having these built-in features in the browser, we can be more safe and secure when visiting a website and when downloading files from the Internet. If we access a site that is listed as dangerous, the browser displays a warning message and does not allows the access to the web site. If we download a file with malware, the browser will also warn us about the danger.
Beyond the protection against fraudulent sites, 360 Browser is a browser based on the browser Chromium (Google Chrome is also based on Chromium), so we will have all the functionalities of the Chromium browser, in addition to a few extras very interesting:
- Ads and pop-ups Blocking: These options allow us to remove the Ads blocks and emerging windows of web pages, so we can view, the content of the website without any kind of annoying or intrusive advertising. In case we want to see the advertising displayed on any particular website, we will be able to add exceptions.
- Mouse Gestures: Thanks to this functionality we can go to the page that we have visited previously, change the tab, or navigate to the end of the page; making use of the right mouse button and a few slight movements of the mouse. This accelerates the speed of browsing the Internet without the need to install any additional extension.
- Theme selection: Themes are images of high-quality and varied subjects (nature, animals, drawings, vehicles, etc.), that allow us to give a personal splash of color to the browser. When we select a Theme, the background of the browser will change, so when we are in the browser home page, we will see the full image of the selected theme, and when we are surfing other websites, the top bar and the bottom of the web browser will display a part of the image of the selected theme.
- Selection of the rendering engine: With this option we can choose if we want to render the web using the Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer 11 or Webkit engines. This is very useful if we go to any website that needs to be displayed with IE.
- Search tabs: If we open many tabs at the same time, it is likely that it will be hard to find the tab that we were looking for. With this browser we can search tabs easily by using the address bar. To do this we should simply type in the symbol of at (@), and then type in a word that is contained in the title of the tab we're looking for.
We must remember that thanks to this browser is based on Chromium, we will be able to use all of the extensions located on the Chrome Web Store.