Lightworks is a powerful digital video editor free.
Lightworks is a nonlinear video editor professional, which has been used to edit films, including Pulp Fiction, Raging Bull, The Aviator, The Departed and Shutter Island. Fortunately, it is now open source software and free to all Internet users.
To download Lightworks on your computer you will have to create a user account and register. Once you install it you will notice that the GUI is very neat and all editing tools found in it. If you are not accustomed to using this type of program is best to view the tutorials to familiarize yourself with all the features and get the most out of Lightworks.
We must clearly define project parameters before starting to edit videos on Lightworks, where you can work with timelines, edit and replace commands, change the speed of clips and add effects and transitions in real time, among many other actions.
It is developed for video editors who know what other editors need when applying effects to movies. So Lightworks incorporates knowledge twenty years of work recognized publishers and supports a lot of formats, such as ProRes, Avid DNxHD, AVC-Intra, DVCPRO HD, RED R3D, DPX, XDCAM EX / HD 422 and H.264.
Feel free to try Lightworks and transform your videos into true professional films!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Lightworks downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Lightworks.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 8 64 bits, Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of Lightworks.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 12.6.0. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 12.6.0.
- Is Lightworks free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Lightworks?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.