Freeciv is a strategy game based on shifts, where each player becomes the leader of the civilization that struggles to conquer a common objective with their allies: exterminate the other civilizations completely.
When beginning Freeciv, the players make the role of a leader of a tribe in the year 4000 B.C. and their mission is of guiding their people towards prosperity through the centuries, giving place, this way, to the discovery of new technologies that will allow the construction of buildings and of new military units for the protection of the inhabitants of the nation.
The participants of Freeciv can accomplish battles among themselves or to establish diplomatic relationships to benefit the common good and where the peace in the shared area reigns. The possibility to create multi-player games in the internet provides that Freeciv becomes in an amazing game for all of the lovers of the strategy games.
Besides all of the mentioned advantages, in Freeciv it will be possible to decide the norms of a war or a game, taking us to a new world of possibilities every time that a new round begins. We can play with 30 people per time in a multi-player game, with more than 50 different military units, and we will be able to choose among 100 nations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Freeciv downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Freeciv.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Freeciv on your PC, you have to download the Freeciv-2.1.9-win32-gtk2-setup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Freeciv free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Freeciv?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.