SpywareBlaster is a tool that prevents the installation of spyware, adware, and all kinds of malware in general.
Programs known as malware can be classified as intrusive and, in many cases, annoying. This type of program is usually installed without the user being aware of it. The usual installation technique used by these malwares is an installation in the background while installing other software. For example, the installation of JDownloader 2 includes additional software that displays unwanted advertising on the user's computer (Note: in Usitility, we offer a JDownloader 2 “clean” version that doesn't include any malware).
As we can see, installing some malware on our computers is simple and very common, so it is important to be protected against that. Currently, many anti-viruses include Malware detection and removal, but it's good to have a more specific solution to these threats.
SpywareBlaster prevents the installation of malware, adware, spyware, etc. That is to say; this software does not delete the malware installed on our PC. It prevents malware installation. If there is already some malware on our PC, we need to use another solution to remove that malware. Once the PC is clean, we can proceed to install SpywareBlaster.
This software protects our PC, “fixing” vulnerabilities of web browsers exploited by malware. We can imagine these vulnerabilities like holes in the walls of a house where unwanted insects can enter. This program is like a stopper in those holes, so insects can't access the house.
When the program is installed, the only thing to do is to activate the protection for the different elements (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Restricted Sites). If we want to activate those protections, we need to click on the “Enable all protection” link. This will prevent the installation on the browsers of certain cookies or malicious scripts and prevent access to certain potentially dangerous websites.
The program is not installed in memory nor runs in the background. We have to apply the protections and update it from time to time (once a week is a good option). So the program does not interfere with system performance.
This software offers the possibility to create a backup of important system files; in this way, we will be able to recover these files at any time when necessary.
Also, there are other possibilities, such as:
- Configure Internet Explorer start page and search engine.
- Create an encrypted backup of hosts file (usually located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).
- Disable and block “Flash Player” in Internet Explorer. This way, all-flash elements of the webpage will be blocked and will not be displayed.
- Create a list of ActiveX controls to block. With this option, we can block ActiveX controls that are not included in the software database.
This software update is manual; we need to open the program and click on the “Check for Updates” button. It is a good idea to update the program each week to install new protections incorporated into the software's internal database.
This free program allows us to purchase a license to enable the “Automatic Updates” function. With this option, the program will be updated without our intervention.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is SpywareBlaster downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of SpywareBlaster.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install SpywareBlaster on your PC, you have to download the spywareblastersetup60.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 6.0.
- Is SpywareBlaster free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to SpywareBlaster?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.
- SpywareBlaster home
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000