SpywareBlaster is a tool that prevents the installation of spyware, adware, and all kinds of malware in general.
Programs known as malware can be classified as intrusive, and in many cases annoying. This type of program is usually installed without the user being aware of it. The usual installation technique used by these malwares is installation in background while installing other software. For example, the installation of JDownloader 2 includes an additional software that displays unwanted advertising on the user's computer (Note: in Usitility we offer a JDownloader 2 “clean” version that doesn't include any type of malware).
As we can see, to install some type of malware on our computer is simple and very common, so it is important to be protected against that. Currently, many anti-virus include Malware detection and removal, but it's good to have a solution that is more specific to these threats.
SpywareBlaster prevents the installation of malware, adware, spyware, etc. That is to say, this software does not delete the malware installed on our PC. It prevents malware installation. If in our PC there is already some malware installed, we need to use another solution to remove that malware. Once PC is clean, we can proceed to install SpywareBlaster.
This software protects our PC “fixing” vulnerabilities of web browsers that are exploited by malwares. We can imagine these vulnerabilities like holes in the walls of a house where unwanted insects can enter. This program is like a stopper in those holes, so insects can't access inside the house.
When the program is installed, the only thing to do is to activate the protection for the different elements (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Restricted Sites). If we want to activate all of those protections, we need to make click on “Enable all protection” link. This will prevent the installation on the browsers of certain cookies or malicious scripts, as well as to prevent access to certain potentially dangerous web sites.
The program is not installed in memory, neither runs in background. We just have to apply the protections and update it from time to time (once a week is a good option). So the program does not interfere with system performance.
This software offers the possibility to create a backup of the important system files, in this way we will be able to recover these files at any time when necessary.
Also there are other possibilities, such as:
- Configure Internet Explorer start page and search engine.
- Create encrypted backup of hosts file (usually located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).
- Disable and block “Flash Player” in Internet Explorer. In this way all flash elements of the webpage will be blocked and will not be displayed.
- Create list of ActiveX controls to block. With this option we can block ActiveX controls that are not included in software database.
The update of this software is manual, we need to open the program and click on “Check for Updates” button. It is a good idea to update the program each week to install new protections that are incorporated into software's internal database.
This program is free, and allows us the option of purchasing a license to enable “Automatic Updates” function. With this option the program will be updated without our intervention.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is SpywareBlaster downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 8, Windows XP 64 bits, Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits, Windows 2000 64 bits, Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of SpywareBlaster.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install SpywareBlaster on your PC, you have to download the spywareblastersetup54.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 5.4.
- Is SpywareBlaster free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to SpywareBlaster?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.