SmartSniff allows you to analyze the TCP/IP packages that pass through your network adapter. It organizes the data like a sequence of conversations between the customer and the servants.
Its graphical interface shows two panels where the package and the information detailed in hexadecimal or ASCII mode is seen.
Other characteristics of SmartSniff is that it includes: the usage of color to emphasize the local or remote traffic code, the possibility of exporting the result to a HTML file, the capture filters edition and more.
Like an additional advantage, SmartSniff is free and portable: : you do not need to install it for usage. It is only necessary to copy the EXE file in the decided folder and open it.
SmartSniff can be used with sockets raw in Windows 2000/XP or superior. This allows capturing the TCP/IP packages of the network with no need of a specific controller installation.
You can also use SmartSniff with WinPcap Capture Driver to capture TCP/IP packages from all the operating Windows systems.
For Windows 2000, XP or 2003 does exist another option to make the capture, and it is by the Microsoft controller Network Monitor.
SmartSniff can be set up to see the pictures of dialogue, menus and other texts in the language you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is SmartSniff downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of SmartSniff.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Is SmartSniff free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to SmartSniff?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.