Wireshark is a tool that could be used to get to know how your computer’s network is.
With Wireshark we could analyse if our net presents great work efficiency or if it is stuck in some point, what is very useful information to web services developers, as well as to servers administrators in structured net systems.
Wireshark measures the transfer’s speed, through the information that has been previously captured and stored in the hard disk. Wireshark is capable to work and to support without any problem more than 480 types of distinct protocols, which makes it in an excellent tool to server’s administrators.
This way, Wireshark is compatible with any kind of tcpdump system files being also possible to treat with TCP reconstructed section which facilitates to de administrator since this data are showed with a well defined interface. Wireshark is not only one more applicative, it is one more tool for those who need to manage and to supervise day by day a work team’s net system.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Wireshark downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Wireshark.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64 bits, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows XP 64 bits, Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of Wireshark.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 3.2.3. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 3.2.3.
- Is Wireshark free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Wireshark?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.