Review Miranda IM
Miranda IM is an open-source, multi-protocol instant messaging software for Microsoft Windows. Light on system resources, extremely fast, and with a robust plugin-based architecture with over 350 plugins, Miranda is one of the most flexible and customizable messaging clients on the planet.
In terms of protocol support, Miranda IM supports a vast and growing number of protocols, some developed internally but most contributed by community developers. Some of the protocols supported by Miranda are AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), Facebook, Gadu-Gadu, IAX (Inter-Asterisk Exchange), ICQ, IRC (Internet Relay Chat), Jabber, MSN, Netsend, Tlen, and Yahoo. In addition, Miranda also supports several contributed protocols, such as Battle.Net, Bonjour, C6, Google Talk, Facebook, Fetion, iChat, Lotus Sametime, Mail.ru Agent, MeBeam, MySpace, Omegle, QQ, SIP RTC, Skype, Tencent QQ, Twitter, VKontakte and many more.
Miranda is straightforward to use. When you run it for the first time, it will ask you to complete a profile. Add your name or a description, such as "Workplace," and click "Create." Next, Miranda will ask for details of your instant messaging accounts. If you have not yet registered with a network, you can follow the link to register after creating an account for that network in Miranda. If you do not want to use a protocol, it is best to delete the .dll file. To remove dll files, go to the remove plugins section. If you need to change the details of a protocol later, go to Main Menu -> Options -> Network and click on the protocol you want to change.
Once you have set up your accounts, connect your status by clicking on the status menu at the top of the Miranda window and choosing "Connected" or the desired status. Add contacts by clicking "Add Contact" in the main menu or right-clicking in the contacts window. Once you have your contacts added, you can send them messages by simply double-clicking on their name in the contact list and typing your message in the conversation window that opens.
As for software customization, Miranda IM offers a wide variety of options. It is possible to change the appearance of the contact list using different plugins, such as classic, modern, or multi-window support. It is also possible to change the look of the message window using various SRMM plugins, such as Scriver, TabSRMM, or nConvers. In addition, it is possible to add emoticons and avatars for both the user and the contacts, as long as the protocol allows it.
In summary, Miranda IM is a complete and customizable instant messaging software with a wide variety of options to adapt to the needs of each user. Its low resource consumption and high speed make it an excellent choice for those looking for a fast and efficient messaging client.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Miranda IM downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Miranda IM.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of Miranda IM.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Miranda IM on your PC, you have to download the miranda-im-v0.10.80-unicode.exe file to your Windows and install it.
If you want to install the 64-bit version, you will need to download the miranda-im-v0.10.80-x64.exe file and install it on your Windows.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 0.10.80.0. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 0.10.80.0.
- Is Miranda IM free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Miranda IM?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Open Source