Are you trying to learn more about the creation of web pages? KompoZer is an application you should consider then, especially if you are interested in having a WYSIWYG—type editor. We are in the presence of a tool that will allow you to get all the essential functions plus a differential one to see the results of your editing in real-time.
When you read the description of KompoZer, you will have found that some of its features remind you directly of Dreamweaver, the one many will consider the reference program within this segment. Well, we have to say that, in general terms, this tool is an alternative for those who do not want to pay for a program like this but are still looking for professional results.
As we said before, the main reason why KompoZer could be recommended to those looking for a utility like this is to observe in real-time the changes produced on our web page, each edition we make. Most of the other free software of the same free segment does not have this possibility, and if it is essential, here you have an excellent choice.
Thanks to KompoZer, you can create or edit your web page even when you do not have advanced knowledge of handling HTML or CSS. This is thanks to the integration of each tool that we could consider essential for beginners when generating a design according to what we are looking for on our site. And all with an interface and a series of intuitive functions.
As for KompoZer's editing modes, we can highlight that there are four, as follows:
- Normal: it will allow you to visualize the edition in the simplest possible way as if you were viewing it in a Word or any other word processor.
- Code: as its name indicates, it shows you the codes you generate as you create them.
- HTML Tags: This combines the two previous editing modes, saving a bit of time, although it also requires some more knowledge.
- Preview: the mode that, as we said, allows us to visualize each page we are editing exactly how it would look in a browser.
The exciting thing is that each editing mode, as mentioned above, is represented by a tab at the top of the application, and we can move between them without any inconvenience.
In short, KompoZer is an unofficial yet bug-free version of NVU, another HTML editor probably known to users who usually work with this type of application and which has been enormously successful in the past.
As far as KompoZer's user interface is concerned, we must say that it is pleasant in general terms since the structure allows all the contents to be easily seen by the users, and no time is wasted in searching for them. It would be best if you did not lose sight of the fact that you will be able to visualize at any time the partial or final result of the editing you do, which is the most important thing.
If we had to point out the main positive points we have seen when using KompoZer, we would have to talk first of all about the fact that it is a free and complete tool, something not usual in the creation of web pages. In the same way, we can say that we liked the tabbed navigation system that makes it easy to move between content to see what we need to see.
On the side, the worst thing about KompoZer is that it is a program that requires some previous knowledge, so users who have never tried their luck with a similar program before may have difficulties. At the same time, if you are used to Dreamweaver, you may sometimes feel that our today's protagonist lacks some power.
In conclusion, we consider that KompoZer is a perfect editor and web page creator, which will solve intermediate users' needs in a simple, versatile, and free way. If you are thinking of dedicating yourself to this type of task or want to get a good site for your company, here, you have a more exciting alternative.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Kompozer downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Kompozer.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Kompozer on your PC, you have to download the kompozer-0.8b3.en-US.win32.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 0.8b3.
- Is Kompozer free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Kompozer?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Open Source