- Wifislax Windows 10
Wifislax is a Linux distribution, focused on WiFi security, based on Slax and the whole production upon the BackTrack distribution, which provides a set of tools, drivers and functionalities with which every needed test on the field of wireless security can be conducted.
The main aim of Wifislax is to enable its users, both professional and home users, to check the level of security in WiFi deployments, by means of different tests and reviews provided by the incorporated applications.
One of the most interesting and useful aspects of Wifislax is the set of incorporated drivers which support the chipsets in the wireless cards used in the devices, for instance, the ipw2200 drivers, the r73 in the USB cards with chipset ratlink, or the rt61 in the new PCI, which lack of support in other distributions. Besides, both menus and tools have been translated into Spanish, which is a very important matter when being operated by beginner users.
BackTrack tools are organized in these groups:
- Current and Classic Suite.
- Networks Security and Assistance.
Wifislax brings a wide range of possibilities when testing different aspects of WiFi security, access passwords quality, MAC change, wireless configuration, automatic connection, and networks cookbook, decryption, Bluetooth scanner, etc.
As it is developed for BackTrack, Wifislax includes all the tools in this distribution, besides broadening those related to wireless and Bluetooth, in terms of number and functionality. Although most tools are operated by a command console, graphic launchers, translated into English for a better understanding and usage, are also included.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Wifislax downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Wifislax.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Wifislax on your PC, you have to download the wifislax-4-6-final.iso file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 4.6.
- Is Wifislax free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Wifislax?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.