A Personal Vault
We all might have wanted, at some point, to own some big and impregnable vault full of gold or something that contains a wide variety of our most precious items. Some special place where we were able to have all of our things well protected, safe from the world and its unpredictable changes. Nowadays, we can certainly agree that information is the new gold, so if you want to avoid danger, we have here just the thing that you need in order to feel safe.
With the name of Syncovery, your safe haven comes in the form of a file synchronization and backup software, a front-end support to cloud storage services. In another words, the tool will allow you to back up all of your files quickly, so you don't have to worry about losing any important work, no matter what happens to your computer. Depending on the nature of the files you want to preserve, you can run backups as frequently as you would like in order to ensure you always have copies of the latest versions available if you need to restore.
Operating your Vault
How does this work? Well, it will just copy your files the way you need it and when you need it to be done, working with local hard drives, network drives or any other mounted volumes. The software has a fairly straight-forward user interface that is easy to navigate and will allow you to conduct basic functions such as syncing data between two computers and backing up files in a way that not even novice users should have problems with.
In addition, it comes with support for FTP, SSH, HTTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Microsoft Azure, OneDrive, SharePoint, DropBox, Box and many other cloud storage providers. Also, as if that was not enough, you can as well use ZIP compression and data encryption.
Finally, even setting up the software is quite quick and easy. You will notice that once the installation is complete, the user will be prompted to select which files and folders they would like to sync. Then you just configure the synchronization settings to suit your requirements and that was it.
The Vault Settings
You will ultimately learn that Syncovery offers some brutal capabilities and features of every kind, making the tool to be one of the most comprehensive file synchronization tools available. Here are some of those:
Synchronization: as a generic synchronizer it is capable of bi-directional syncs, storing files and remotely synchronizing them to multiple networks. It can also back-up files including a scheduler that automatically synchronizes data on an external storage device at a chosen time every day;
- Help & Support: the website provides users with a number of support options that range between a FAQ’s database to contact via email or telephone. It is fair to say that the service is extremely responsive;
- Block Level Copying: you can save bandwidth and disk space by copying only the changed blocks of large files;
- Real-Time Sync: a fantastic speed up for your replication or backup;
- Profile Groups: you will be able to organize your profiles in groups;
- Easy Resuming On Disk Full: you can simply make more space and ask the software to continue copying, pausing in the middle of a file until additional space is freed;
- Security: you will count with unbeatable security compression and encryption measures, which involves military grade 256-bit AES encryption before transfer;
- Tracking Moved Files: if you reorganized your folders by moving files to different locations, the tool will detect this and quickly perform the same moves on the other side of the sync;
- Exact Mirror Mode: in addition to copying newer files, this mode can also delete files which are no longer present on the source side, and it can replace newer files with older ones if it is necessary to create an exact mirror.
Syncovery is a complete backup solution for your Windows computer, a decent all round file sync software that is equipped with a wide-range of useful features. With the easy-to-use interface and excellent customer support this software is highly recommended for users of all experience levels.
That being said, if you are after a file synchronization program that has a well-balanced range of features and is easy-to-use then say no more, this is the ideal choice to all home and small business users for cloud storage support. Case closed, vault closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Syncovery downloadable for Windows XP?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows XP.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Syncovery.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Syncovery on your PC, you have to download the SyncoverySetup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Syncovery free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Syncovery?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.