- Power Clock Windows 7
Review Power Clock
Power Clock is an employee time clock and schedule that allows to track the hours spent on each project.
Employee time clocks is something primitive, and probably many people have never known it (rather than see it on some old cartoons like "The Flintstones"), to track the hours employed by the workers o the tasks, is good to know because we can improve the work process, and therefore optimize the time invested in completing these tasks.
Power Clock is a Windows software that simulates the operation of an employee time clock, having an interface that can resemble one of these analogue clock in systems. Thanks to that those people who have prior experience with analog clock in systems will understand the operation of this software quickly.
This program is composed of two main parts:
Client: This component is installed by the workers to track the hours of each task.
Server: This component is responsible for receiving the data from all the "clients" used by workers, and compute the hours worked, and prepare statistics with those data.
The program we analyze here is the client, that can be used without a server, so a single person can use it to measure the time spent on tasks from a project.
If we want to keep track of the time spent by more than one person, then we will need the clients and the server.
When we open this software, we will see a huge clock in the middle of the screen, indicating the current hour and minute.
Once we are using the program, we can select a job that we want to track the hours, and press the "Clock In" button, which allows to mark the beginning of the working day. Clicking on "Clock out ", we will finish the day and our hours will be counted.
While we're in our workday, we can change current task by clicking on the "Switch Jobs" button, this way the spent hours on each task will be tracker automatically. This is very useful so we can see the total time spent by the employees on each task.
One of the Power Clock strong points is the ability to generate reports and view detailed statistics classified by: month, week, job, department, etc. In addition, we can see summaries of employee vacation, sick days, holidays, etc.
This software includes a calendar and calculator, that are useful tools to have only a few clicks away.
This software is paid and offers a fully functional trial version of 30 days, so we will have time to evaluate all the features and see if the program is adapted to our needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Power Clock downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Power Clock.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Power Clock on your PC, you have to download the powclk.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Power Clock free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.