OmegaT is a multi platform translations storage tool designed as an aid to professional translators.
OmegaT is not an automatic translator, but an employee to perform Computer Assisted Translation (TAO) by expert translators. OmegaT's main function is to keep parts of translations that are repeated continuously throughout a text. Thus, professionals do not have to constantly write expressions or phrases that appear multiple times in the full text to be translated.
OmegaT is also of great use to update documents already translated, showing the new text additions or modifications of sentences translated from the original document.
With OmegaT you can use previously created translation memories or create your owns that fit the document you're working on. You can also manage specific terminology, use single words translation glossaries or short phrases, dictionaries and spell checker that comes embedded in OmegaT, and work with plain or formatted text.
OmegaT is free, and it is available in several languages and quickly installed. When you open the program the first thing you will see will be a how to use OmegaT guide which is highly recommended reading to make the most of this software.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is OmegaT downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of OmegaT.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Is OmegaT free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.