LMMS is a specialized musical creation application that belongs to the free open code software category.
LMMS itself, which the exact meaning is Linux Multimedia Studio, has the capacity to offer alternatives in our musical creations, could be used as a support tool for our work, in the cases in that it is necessary to use certain multimedia files.
This is an excellent solution that allows us to import MIDI and FLP files. LMMS processes the files with other type of means created previously. The use of that application is very simple, and it allows using the creations previously edited in the same software and to combine them in agreement to our criteria and needs.
In LMMS interface we can notice that the same presents us the whole list of compositions that we have imported, doesn’t matter what kind of instruments, where each one of them makes a complete melody.
We have the possibility to activate or to disable, in an easy way, one or several instruments, melodies or audio channels, to appreciate our final composition if it requests it or not.
With LMMS we can use an easy piano melody composition, thanks to the implementation of its plug-in, as well as the application of many other effects thanks to other attachments that are updated in the software. LMMS presents compatibility with many conventional formats like GUS, MIDI, LADSPA, VST(i) and SoundFont2.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is LMMS downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of LMMS.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64 bits, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of LMMS.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 1.2.2. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 1.2.2.
- Is LMMS free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to LMMS?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.