- K-Lite Codec Pack Windows 10
Review K-Lite Codec Pack
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and tools that allow to play mostly any video and audio file.
In addition to the popular audio CDs, video DVDs and Blu-Rays, there are many other video and audio formats that can be played on PC. The various audio and video formats, arise from the need to compress the data in the original format, with the least loss of quality. The advantage of using compressed audio and video files, is that they take up less space, but we must correctly configure our PC to be able to play those files. In order to play DivX file, we will need certain codecs, to play OGG files we will need other codecs, etc. To install the correct codecs, and that don't conflict with other codecs, it's something that may be complicated and frustrating.
K-Lite Codec Pack facilitates greatly the task of installing needed codecs to play all kinds of audio and video files. Making use of this program, we may forget to install and configure codecs in one-to-one, and not only that, but also we forget the conflicts between different codecs, video or audio, since this program is ready to install codecs and configure them, so they are 100% compatible with each other
Codecs configuration is adapted to the needs of the users, that is, a user who doesn't understand how codecs works, can choose standard installation, and the program will work perfectly. However, a more advanced user, can choose advanced installation, and customize the installation options, which makes that this program can be used by any user.
When installed, the program performs a search for broken and problematic codecs. Therefore, it is safe to install this program even when we've other codecs installed on our PC, because it will detect installed codecs and will know how to proceed with the installation.
K-Lite Codec Pack has several versions, here we offer “Standard” version download, which is the one that best fits the needs of the vast majority of users. This version includes codecs to play video files: MKV, AVI, FLV, MP4, etc.; and audio files: MP3, OGG, APE, 3GP, AAC, etc. In addition, the installation package includes Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) media player, which will be able to play almost all video and audio files, without having to configure any options.
This program includes a tool called “Codec Tweak Tool”, which serves to carry out certain actions related to installed codecs in the system, as for example: to search for and detect errors related with codecs, generate a file with information about system and codecs installed, create a backup copy of codecs configuration, direct access to DirectShow filters configuration, and more options.
There is no doubt that this is a great program to install on a new PC, or a PC that has been used for long time, or a PC that has problems with codecs, because in addition to all mentioned above, the program is free and is updated quite frequently, so it will always be updated to play new video and audio formats that appears on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is K-Lite Codec Pack downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of K-Lite Codec Pack.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install K-Lite Codec Pack on your PC, you have to download the K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1430_Standard.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 14.3.0.
- Is K-Lite Codec Pack free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to K-Lite Codec Pack?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.