FlightGear is an open code and completely free flight simulator where you can fly commercial and combat aircraft, helicopters all around the world.
With more than 20,000 airports located in hundreds of biggest cities in the world, the realistic detail that offers FilghtGear will make us feel the adrenaline of a quality flight simulator, with excellent sound effects and certain ease of flying.
FlightGear combines accurate airports representation with the thrill of flying many aircrafts in the most representative world wars, huge ships like the A-380, through which are currently the most technological as the F-22. There is the possibility to install new aircraft from the program which includes, as a new experience, the Santa Claus sleigh. FlightGear user’s interface is easy to use, the settings of the route we want to achieve has simple customization.
The main features of this game are:
- The global scenarios are very precise and extensive, creating the illusion that we are actually flying a real plane.
- Possibility to configure joystick to improve its management and make it easier somehow.
- The scenarios include perfectly shaped details of railway lines, villages, land, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, buildings and more.
- The sky where we fly is very detailed regarding the sun and moon locations depending on the time we’re crossing determined territory.
- Air traffic simulated with quite reliability.
- Possibility to play with two more people on the Internet in multi-player remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is FlightGear downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of FlightGear.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install FlightGear on your PC, you have to download the FlightGear-2018.3.6.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2018.3.6.
- Is FlightGear free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to FlightGear?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.