- Clonezilla Windows 7
Clonezilla is a free software tool for cloning hard disk drives. With this program you safeguard all of the disks’ information by creating backup copies.
Has it ever happened to you that you’ve lost all of your hard drive’s data because you didn’t have a backup copy? Or noticed that a hard drive wasn’t working correctly? Before arriving at the moment of disaster you can make security Clonezilla copies to store all of your data on another disk.
With Clonezilla you’ll recover everything you’ve stored and copied from those disks. It’s as easy as downloading the ISO liveCD image from Clonezilla’s website, copying it into a CD and starting up the hard drive with this disk.
The program will guide you through the steps to be followed: choosing the language, the keyboard map and starting Clonezilla. Choose the original disks and those that will serve as copies carefully. After a few warning ads regarding security, the process of cloning one disk to another will begin.
The size of the disks, the information they contain and the hard drive’s capacity are factors that will influence the time that Clonezilla will take to carry out the security copy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Clonezilla downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Clonezilla.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Clonezilla on your PC, you have to download the clonezilla-live-2.1.1-25-i486.iso file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Clonezilla free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to Clonezilla?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.