- Yandex Browser Windows 10
Review Yandex Browser
Russia is here
Have you been looking for a change lately? Have you had enough already of looking all day long at the same screen? I know the feeling, and let me tell you that it is a known fact that it is always good to try new things, good for your mind and for your soul too. So… What do you say if you try a new browser for a change!
We are not talking any browser here, though. We are talking big-cold-faraway Russian's browser, we are talking about an efficient tool from distant lands, at least distant from all of the usual browser's hometowns. We are talking something that is different, but in lots of ways, something really familiar to what you are already used to. What are we talking in the end you might ask? We are talking Yandex!
The New Old
When we refer to this program, we are discussing the thing that is to Russia what Google is to the States, the homegrown favorite search engine. And just like that one has done it in the past, the Russian's one has also gotten into the web browsing business with Yandex Browser, which, from a first glance, ends up resulting in quite a fast and very quirky one.
The program is a freeware web browser that uses the Blink web browser engine and it is based on the Chromium open-source project (the open-source version of Google Chrome). The browser checks the webpage's security with its own security system and checks downloaded files with Kaspersky anti-virus. In addition, the tool uses Opera Software's Turbo technology to speed web browsing on slow connections.
You will notice that it offers the same clean simplicity as Chrome, with just a few differences. Even though the similarities are more obvious than those ones. So, in the end, you will be working with something new, that will still feel old school for you.
Should we go Full-russian or not?
As everything out there, you can find ups and downs even in this fast and pleasant-to-use tool:
+ All-around fast performance;
+ Simple but satisfying interface;
+ Built-in Opera turbo;
+ DNS crypt servers;
+ HIPS that protect you from keyloggers;
- Some promised features are quite hard to find;
- Lots of links throw you into Russian's language sites;
- Some might say “kind of just Chrome, reskinned”.
The features do not just stop there, as we can see that the software just shows you what you need and it gives you plenty of space for viewing webpages, as the minimalist design allows you to focus on the important things.
At the same time, the browser is capable of translating both individual words and entire webpages to and from English, French, German, Ukrainian, Turkish and a number of other languages, while it will also help you to quickly call numbers found on the internet with just one click, because you can use it on any computer, smartphone or tablet, keeping your bookmarks available everywhere as they load automatically after logging into the browser.
If you were wondering about the installation of extensions, I believe we have some good news here: like most Chromium-based browsers, you will have no problems installing extensions for Chrome, just a couple of clicks and you will be done. That being said, any feature you found missing you will be able to get via the Opera and Chrome extensions Stores (yes, Opera too!).
So, we are wrapping up an innovating concept here, fast, secure and user friendly. But, is it a I think is a great project.
So, do we russian-up?
You have to know that at the beginning, Yandex was clearly targeted at Russian’s users, and you might notice that once or twice while using it. However, you will surely get in love with this rapidly evolving and charming browser and its comfortable user interface. Also, it is ideal for people who use Yandex’s services (like its email).
Then, if it is either that, or you just want to feel Russian for a little bit and you do not like vodka, you must download this friendly and solid browser that looks modern and is easy to use. Best alternative to Chrome after Firefox, no doubts about that!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Yandex Browser downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Yandex Browser.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Yandex Browser on your PC, you have to download the Yandex.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 20.8.1.
- Is Yandex Browser free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.