- Virtual Floppy Drive Windows 7
Review Virtual Floppy Drive
Virtual Floppy Drive is a free application for creating small file storage units.
The Virtual Floppy Drive work is to create small file storage units that simulate the old floppy reader units in the My Computer folder.
You may find useful Virtual Floppy Drive if you need to create a boot disk or validate the installation license for certain applications that only make it through a floppy disk. Even supports write protection activation and perform disk image files.
Virtual Floppy Drive lets you create units from 160 kilobytes (5.25'') to 2.88 megabytes (3.5''). It also facilitates the choice of the letter that you want to identify the unit. Actually, Virtual Floppy Drive is transformed into a virtual floppy drive so you can use it as if you were using physical floppy drive.
Once you enter the program interface, you can access from Windows Explorer the files you've saved and, in the same way, you can copy, paste and format the virtual disk. You will perform these actions the same way as if it were a physical disk.
Virtual Floppy Drive is available for Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista, and only works on 32-bit version.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Virtual Floppy Drive downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Virtual Floppy Drive.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Is Virtual Floppy Drive free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.