- UNetbootin Windows 10
UNetbootin is a free application to start the computer using the Linux operating system by an external device.
UNetbootin facilitates the creation of USB drives to boot the computer operating systems such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, openSUSE, Dreamlinux, PCLinuxOS, MEPIS, NetBSD, Free BSD and any other Linux distribution without having to burn a CD or DVD.
With UNetbootin you can work on a computer with Linux, Windows or Macintosh because it is a multi-platform.
UNetbootin allows you to run Linux distributions by automatically downloading their ISO files. Linux distributions are collections of programs and files, open source, they are organized and prepared for installation. Are obtained over the Internet via FTP or by direct download from a website. They can also be stored on an external device such as a CD, DVD or external drive.
UNetbootin does not interfere with the operating system installed on the computer where you work so you do not have to worry about the loss of files or data, and that this free application leaves intact the original installation. What makes UNetbootin is to create a new space for Linux, thus having two operating systems on one computer.
If you want to experiment with Linux distributions UNetbootin is an excellent software to get you started with confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is UNetbootin downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of UNetbootin.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install UNetbootin on your PC, you have to download the unetbootin-windows-585.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is UNetbootin free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to UNetbootin?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.