TripleA is a free strategy Risk-like game, in which we must conquer all countries of the world map.
Risk is a strategic board game in which we must conquer all territories of the world map. This game has been popular for many years, and even today, it is a game that is played by many players. That is why they have emerged multitude of variants and modifications in the PC world. The game that we analyze below clearly draws on the rules and characteristics of Risk.
The ultimate goal of TripleA is to conquer all territories of the world and to destroy the enemy troops. To do this we will have different types of units: infantry, artillery, aviation, maritime, etc.
The game begins when we choose a country with which we want to conquer the world: Russia, Germany, England, China, Japan or the United States. We will begin with a limited number of troops, and a limited amount of world territory controlled by our troops.
In order to advance in the game, we have to control our troops and place them on the map in such a way that we can attack the enemy territories, having the least number of casualties possible.
During the game we can create new troops, to do this we will make use of “Production Units”, which is a number that reflects the number of troops that we can create in our turn.
The number of “Units of production” will go up when we increase conquered territory.. Higher-controlled territory, the greater the number of “Production Units”, and therefore more troops we will be able to produce in each turn.
- Our turn begins with the selection of the number of troops we want to produce.
- Then, we choose the combat moves that are going to make our troops. These movements consist of invading enemy territories, or to move to neutral land that have not yet been conquered. If we decide to invade a territory (land or sea), the dice are thrown and it will decide who is the winner of the battle.
- After the battle we will be able to move our troops to other areas of the map where there is no conflict. In this way we will be able to reorganize our troops to strengthen the territories that can be attacked, or those that allow us to prepare the attack on an enemy territory.
- Finally we will be able to place on the map the new troops that have been produced. We must put the troops in those territories in which there is a “production factory”.
We can play the game Offline, multiplayer or solo. If we play in multiplayer Offline mode, players will share the same computer, and take control of the PC when it is their turn.
In the Online mode there are various possibilities. We can join games on the Internet (Play Online), we can create a server to play on the local network (Host Networked Game), or join a networked game (Connect to Networked Game).
The game allows us to play multiplayer without the players have to be at the same time playing. To carry out this option (Start PBEM Game), each time we finish our turn, the game will send the information of the game to the mail address we have selected, or upload this information to the forum that we have configured. In this way we will play with another player without having to play the game in real-time, if not that each player makes their movements and sends it to the other player, and the other will load the game, make his movements and send it back.
TripleA is accompanied by a map editor that allows us to create new maps and sprites for the game. Thanks to this, there are a multitude of user-created maps that increase the playability of the game, as we will be able to play on maps that represent the middle-earth, the galaxy, or any particular country. In addition, these maps include new rules and game modes, so that we will have at our disposal dozens of maps that increase the playability of the game.
If we've never played this type of game, it is advisable to read the manual that came with the game, because the controll is not intuitive, and we need to understand the rules in order to advance in the game.
The game is free and is available for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is TripleA downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of TripleA.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64 bits, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of TripleA.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2.2.20868. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 2.2.20868.
- Is TripleA free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.