Synergy is a free application to share the keyboard and mouse between multiple computers connected together.
Many times we have to mount some kind of professional studio in our house to perform work that requires the use of two or more screens. This is very common if you want to have an overview of the work or maybe the project is complex and requires having all the tools displayed. In this case, we set up a working suite with multiple screens, and this is where Synergy comes to facilitate our work.
Synergy is the application that lets you share the keyboard and mouse with all the computers connected in a simple manner. You only need a network connection for this software can run on all screens.
Best of Synergy is that you will not have to worry about the operating system that runs on both Windows and Macintosh and Linux. Moreover, this program stands out because it can connect computers with different operating systems and use Synergy simultaneously in all. Yes, you will have to install this open source application on all computers to run.
Use Synergy is very easy: just designate one computer as a server and move the mouse to the end of one of the screens to see how the cursor appears in the following. As a bonus, Synergy also synchronizes screen savers connected equipment, so that all are activated at the same time
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Synergy downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Synergy.
As for Windows 64-bit, this software is compatible with:
Windows 10 64 bits, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits.
Here you can download the 64-bit version of Synergy.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, it is compatible with Windows 64-bit, in the following link you can download the 64-bit version.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 1.8.8. For Windows 64-bit the version we offer is the 1.8.8.
- Is Synergy free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.