ratDVD is a program that compresses DVD movies maintaining the quality and the original structure.
There are a multitude of programs in order to preserve the information of a DVD movie. We can convert DVD movie to another format such as DivX, XviD, mkv, etc. Or we can select certain parts of the film (menus, extra scenes, etc) to create a customized DVD.
ratDVD allows us to movie DVD make copies and save them in its own format. The advantage of using this program is that we can keep the original DVD completely, and at the same time, reduce the size of the movie. When we are converting a DVD to ratDVD format, it stores all DVD information in a single file with .ratDVD extension. In this way we can make backups easily from all of our DVD movies.
To reproduce ratDVD format, we can use a multitude of existing video players, such as Windows Media Player or KMPlayer. In some media players as ZoomPlayer, we need to install an additional file to be able to play .ratDVD format. If we want to convert .ratDVD format to DVD, we will be able to do it with this program, so we can “recover” original DVD format and play it in any media player.
The main function of the program is to preserve DVD movie with all its features: menus, scenes extras, subtitles, audio tracks, etc. Even so, there is the possibility of selecting those items that we want to preserve. If we choose only the main movie, and we apply an image compression, we will be able to reduce the size of a DVD-9 to 1.xx gigabytes, which implies significant space savings.
The goal of the program is to be able to have our DVD movies collection in digital format, that's why we have the option of downloading movie poster, along with other information such as: director, actors, release date, etc. This information is stored in the .ratDVD file generated, so we can consult all the information downloaded at any time. In addition, in Windows Explorer, the files with .ratDVD format will show the movie poster (in the case that it has been downloaded). In this way we can quickly see our collection of movies and select the one that we want to watch.
The program does not support any copy system, so if a DVD movie disc is copy protected, we will not be able to use this program to make a backup copy.
This software is free and despite not being updated since the year 2005, it can be used perfectly as it retains all of its functionality and can be useful for many users.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is ratDVD downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of ratDVD.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install ratDVD on your PC, you have to download the 2-dvdrip file to your Windows and install it.
- Is ratDVD free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- ratDVD home
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000