Review Quintessential Player
Before the era of cell phones and streaming platforms, PC audio players were an essential tool for listening to music on the computer. In 1997, when the first version of Quintessential Media Player was released, these programs were booming and a wide variety of options were available.
Quintessential Media Player (QMP) is an audio player for Microsoft Windows that supports a wide variety of audio formats, including MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and CD.
Competitors of this audio player at the time included other popular players such as Winamp and Windows Media Player. Although these programs offered good sound quality and support for a wide variety of audio formats, QMP stood out for its extensive customization and robust plug-in architecture.
One of the most attractive aspects of QMP was the ability to add "skins" to the player, allowing users to change the look and feel of the program to their liking. This not only made the player more visually appealing but also allowed users to customize the program according to their preferences.
In addition to customization, QMP was also notable for its wide variety of available plug-ins. These plug-ins allowed users to add additional functionality to the player, such as the ability to translate audio file labels into other languages, animated visualizations that synchronized with the music, or the ability to modify the sound while playing.
Unfortunately, this software is no longer in development and was discontinued in 2009. However, during its more than 10 years of life, it managed to carve a niche for itself among the most popular audio players and became a valuable tool for many users.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Quintessential Player downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Quintessential Player.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Quintessential Player on your PC, you have to download the qmp_5.0.121.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 5.0.121.
- Is Quintessential Player free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP