Proxifier. Access the Internet from another server
Proxifier is a program that, as its name gives you a hint, serves as a Proxy between a connection from your device and the Internet.
In this article, we will tell you all the advantages of this particular program and give you a brief introduction to what a proxy is.
First, let's start with a definition of what a proxy is. A proxy is an intermediary server between the user and the Internet connection (the web pages).
When using a proxy server, Internet traffic flows through it and is directed to the address you have requested (and by this, I mean the one you access). The page accepts the connection request and sends the information back through the proxy server to the user. All this happens in milliseconds, and we don't even know that this process occurred. An Internet connection usually takes 100 milliseconds, so it cannot be visualized.
The functionalities of proxy servers are several. They act as defenders and security barriers against malicious viruses coming from other web pages, in addition to protecting your IP address (which is your local Internet address, giving you the zone of your location), and protecting your identity.
The Proxy server is just the middleman, which also operates this way. It sends a piece of information, and when it receives the response, it sends it to the receiver. A Proxy server can change your IP address and encrypt your data so it is not readable while transmitted over the Internet.
Some of the particular features of Proxifier are:
- You can set up a Proxy server with any application or program that runs on the Internet. There are no exceptions.
- You can put a Proxy in your company or your home to manage the connections of all the people in it. In addition, you can block specific pages or content so that it does not happen during working hours or that your children can not access it. You can also see all the requests to the servers made and know what pages are being browsed. This way, you have complete control over the Internet connection through a particular port or network.
- You can improve your Internet connection by choosing the fastest possible route. In addition, servers with Proxy can perform caches (save a copy of already used websites) and save you that connection.
- It is an excellent alternative to VPN connections (Virtual Private Networks, which are private Internet networks), being able to encrypt your connections.
- You can assign different Proxys to different connections using the system that you can set yourself, depending on the rule or parameter you want.
- You can also access content that is blocked in your country or continent. This is very common, and many governments and companies restrict certain things for some countries or change the content depending on the geographical area. A prevalent example is platforms like Netflix, which allow access to certain movies or series in different regions, depending on the calendar in which they are released in theaters. You can bypass those blocks and access the latest content available by establishing the connection through a Proxy server.
A very effective system to protect your Internet connections. You can also control the connections made from your company or home. You can also improve your Internet connection thanks to the system that Proxifier has. In short, there are several functions.
But nothing is free in life. Proxifier currently costs 39.99 USD, but the price may vary. We leave you the link to the official page for you to check it yourself. Maybe the price has gone down. I think it's a program worth paying for, but that's up to you to decide.
Tell us in the comments if you are interested in using a server system with a Proxy, and if you already use Proxifier, tell us which is your favorite feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Proxifier downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Proxifier.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Proxifier on your PC, you have to download the ProxifierSetup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 3.42.
- Is Proxifier free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Proxifier home
- Operating Systems