Back to the origin
On the beginning of times (or at least, on the first decade of the age of videogames), there were lots of consoles, with a wide variety to offer in regard to play-styles, games, sounds and anything you name. Within that context, to be honest, they did pretty well. However, even though some of them were pretty ground-breaking, none of those products actually managed to generate quite a revolution, as the one that was about to come.
On December 3rd, 1994, Sony Interactive Entertainment launched the original PlayStation in Japan, which stated a milestone in the universe of videogames, eventually becoming the first video game console to sell 120 million units (and yes, that was quite a LOT!). It was no coincidence though, as the games that were offered, the production behind everything and the potential contained in there was absolutely amazing for that time, so that guided the later evolution into a portable machine known as PSP (the last P for portable).
It might be the tragic case where you have never heard of it, as things kept on moving on and far ahead, further and further into this future with the shiny and noisy (but still wonderful) technologies of nowadays. But not even all of that light and sound would be in position to mitigate the magical potential of the old and amazing PSP.
I know you are tempted by now. I can feel you there, longing for trying this classic console. Well… What if I tell you that it is still not too late for you? That there is still a chance for you to rediscover what MAGIC really is?
The working PSP emulator
The solution to your recently acquired obsession with the old is very easy to achieve, and it is just labeled as PPSSPP. We are talking an emulator here, but not just any of the ones out there. “PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably” is THE tool that will allow you to play most of the games for Sony's first portable console directly on your favorite Android device. And not only that, because this free and open-source emulator also works for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, BlackBerry 10 and Symbian with an increased focus on speed and portability
That being said, nobody will blame you if from now on you choose to live in the past while enjoying your free time. I mean, the power of modern Android devices allows easy emulation of previous console generations with quite good results. No wonder why we have seen a steady increase in the download volume of this type of app since they were released.
HD is the word
You will not only be in position to play the original games, but an upgraded version of them. PPSSPP can run your PSP games on your PC and Android devices in full-HD resolution, and it can even upscale textures that would otherwise be too blurry (as they were made originally for a small screen) enhancing the whole experience.
There are some other features that will boost your anxiety here, as the tool also:
- Supports save states (restore game state anywhere anytime!);
- Offers ad hoc wireless networking;
- Enhances PSP's capabilities (higher screen resolutions, support for shaders, linear and anisotropic filtering);
- Allows you to customize on-screen touch controls or use an external controller or keyboard;
- Lets you continue where you left off by transferring saves from your real PSP;
- Offers amazing gameplay and it is really easy to understand;
- The list of compatible games is also impressive;
Magic and Kindness
There is no doubt the fact that PPSSPP is by far the best of the PSP emulators out there. Still reticent? I can bet that if you try them all, you will end up confirming that our friend here is the easiest one to use (much easier than it might seem at first glance) and that it has THE BEST compatibility and performance you will get.
In a nutshell, it is really a magical emulator that is kindly bringing that super amazing experience of old into your life again with even enhancements. I mean what is here not to appreciate about this emulator? Wait no more, embrace the past and download now!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is PPSSPP downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 64 bits, Windows 8, Windows XP 64 bits, Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of PPSSPP.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install PPSSPP on your PC, you have to download the ppsspp_setup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is PPSSPP free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.