Review Popcorn Time
Popcorn Time is a program that allows to play movies, tv series, and anime series, using torrent networks.
Popcorn Time is available for personal computers with Windows, Linux and Mac, and also is available on Android mobile devices. So that we can play the latest movies and series, at any time and place.
The installation and use is very simple. Just need to install the program, and in the main screen we will see the covers of the latest available movies. Clicking on any of them, the playback of the movie will start. As simple as that, no need to configure any option, so we will be able to see online movies that are downloaded from the torrent network.
We will be able to filter the catalog of movies by genre (action, comedy, romantic, etc.), and organize them by popularity, year, score, etc.
When we click on the movie we will see a plot summary, together with the year of release, the minutes of duration, genre, and the score received on IMDb.
We also will see a colored circle. If the circle is green, it indicates that the film is being shared by enough users so it can be played smoothly. If the circle is of any other color, it is likely that the playback of the movie will not be perfect.
We can also see the trailer of the movie, select the playback quality, and choose the language subtitles.
When we are playing the movie, we will be able to pause it, change the language and size of the subtitles, and adjust the volume.
In all the TV Series, we will be able to navigate through the seasons of the series, and view those episoed in which we are interested. Selecting any of the episodes, we will see a brief synopsis of that episode.
We can configure an account of Trackt.tv, in such a way that every movie and TV series that we see, will be saved on Trackt.tv. In addition, we will have access to our watchlist.
If we want to protect our privacy we can configure the program to make use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network).
We need to keep in mind that the program does not store the movies or series in the hard disk permanently. If we want to avoid that the program delete movies from the hard disk, we must uncheck the option “Clear Tmp folder after closing the app?”. This option is useful if we want to store the videos played, however, if we are using an Android device, it's best to don't store the videos, because Android free storage space, will be filled very fast.
We must note that, despite the fact that the program is is translated into other languages, the movies and TV series we can play, are available only in English. Even so, the subtitles are in several languages, including the Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, etc. So it makes that software a great platform to learn English.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Popcorn Time downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Popcorn Time.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Popcorn Time on your PC, you have to download the Popcorn-Time-0.3.6-Setup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the Beta 3.6.
- Is Popcorn Time free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.
- Popcorn Time home
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Open Source