OpenDungeons is a strategy and role-playing video game based on the well-known game Dungeon Keeper.
In OpenDungeons, an open source and real time game, players are guardians of a dungeon that is placed in the depths of the earth.
Every player has the aim of protecting this dungeon from the heroes that are on the surface taking care of the human world.
To achieve this purpose, players have to persuade and bribe other guardians in order to increase their power. You must fight with these guardians, cast spells on them, set traps for them and use your creatures so as to conquer the absolute power in the underground in OpenDungeons.
In OpenDungeons you can make your own traps to catch your enemies, train your creatures and prepare them for the battles. You will also have to explore the depths of the earth and the heights of the surface to improve your skills.
A trick in OpenDungeons is to let your opponent guardians kill each other, which will save you work in getting rid of them. The more they fight with each other, the fewer opponents you will have to get rid of.
The difference between OpenDungeons and other video games is that the player is the bad one, that is, in this game you will be the villain of the story. But for sure this is not an obstacle to have a great time fighting and conquering the upper world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is OpenDungeons downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of OpenDungeons.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install OpenDungeons on your PC, you have to download the OpenDungeons-0.4.8-win32.msi file to your Windows and install it.
- Is OpenDungeons free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.