- oCam Windows 10
Ocam is a software that allows us to easily record our PC screen and save the recording in different video formats.
Some times we want to record a video of what happens on our desktop, or perhaps we want to record a gameplay of our favorite videogame. There are plenty of programs to perform this task, and some of they are quite complex because they include multiple options to satisfy the most demanding users. However, if what we want is to make a simple recording without struggles, these complex softwares can become overwhelming.
Ocam arises as an easy to use software that is capable of recording the screen of our PC. We can choose whether to record the full screen, or only a selection of the same. This program will also record the PC system sound, and also have the possibility to record the microphone connected to the PC, so we can record a voice over easily.
This program is composed of 3 main tabs that make up the basic functionality of this software:
Screen Recording: in this option we can record PC's full-screen or we can select a portion of the same.
Game Recording: this option allow us to record video games, displaying the recording FPS.
Audio Recording: with this option, we will record the sound that is playing on our PC, generating an audio file: .wav . mp3, .wma, etc.
Start recording It is as simple as pressing the "Record" button, and the recording will start. To stop recording just that Press the "Stop" button.
Before we start recording, we can choose the type of video file (codec) we want to save. To select the video codec click on the "Codecs" button and it will display a drop-down menu showing all the available codecs.
Even Ocam is a simple to use software, it comes with a series of great options that make it more versatile. We can highlight the option of "hide mouse cursor while recording". This can be useful on those occasions where we don't want the cursor to be displayed on our video.
However, if we are doing a video tutorial where we are showing a particular task, we not only want the mouse cursor to be visible, but we also want to highlight it to catch the viewer's attention, in such a way that the user can focus his attention on the part of the screen where the 'action' is happening. To achieve this, we can select the option that can highlight the cursor each time we click with the left mouse button.
Usually we want to display a small square box on the screen with our face while we are playing and recording gameplays. Thanks to this software, we have the option to add a box with the image that is recorded by the computer webcam. We can choose the box and position size. This way we can record quality gameplays in a very simple way.
This software is multilanguage. If we want to choose other language, just go to Options - > Language and select the desired language.
This program is totally free if we use it for personal purpose and not for commercial use. Otherwise, we must purchase a license.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is oCam downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of oCam.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install oCam on your PC, you have to download the oCam_v361.0.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 3.61.
- Is oCam free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.