Review Nic's XviD
Video codecs are programs that are responsible for encoding and decoding videos. Their importance lies in allowing videos to be compressed and stored more efficiently without sacrificing the quality of the content. This is especially important in times when storage space was more limited and expensive, as was the case in the 2000s.
At that time, it was common for users to want to compress their movies and videos as much as possible to store them on smaller devices and take them anywhere. In addition, video compression was also essential to facilitate the transmission of content over the Internet, as it allowed for a reduction in the bandwidth needed to transmit the video.
Nic's XviD was the software used to encode and decode videos using the XviD codec. This codec specialized in lossy video compression and was considered one of the most popular choices for compressing videos.
The software is available for Windows and allows users to encode videos in different formats, such as AVI, MP4, and MOV. In addition, it also included a video conversion option that allowed users to change the format from one video to another.
Although Nic's XviD was a prevalent software then, it is now discontinued, and the latest version was released on August 23, 2009. This means that there is no longer technical support available for the software.
Although it is no longer available, many other video compression software options are available on the market. Famous examples include HandBrake, WinFF, and FFmpeg. These programs offer similar functionality to Nic's XviD and allow users to encode and decode videos using different codecs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Nic's XviD downloadable for Windows XP?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows XP.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Nic's XviD.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Nic's XviD on your PC, you have to download the XviD-Install.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 20090823.
- Is Nic's XviD free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Operating Systems