MidiYodi is a tool that allows to playback and edit MIDI files.
MIDI files contain information about the instruments and notes that compose the song, in such a way that we can extract this information and manipulate it. For example, we can modify the bass line, or adjust the song tempo, or even change the instrument assiociated with any tack of the song.
MidiYodi makes easier to edit certain aspects of the MIDI files. Thanks to its simple interface, we can modify the tempo of the song, the volume of the tracks, the instrument used for each of the tracks, or delete any of the tracks compose the song.
The program is able to convert MIDI files Type 0 to Type 1 and vice versa. MIDI files Type 0 are those that have all MIDI channels in a single track, and Type 1 MIDI files are those that have MIDI channels separated on different tracks.
Convert Type 0 to Type 1 is very useful to edit the channels on separate tracks, and convert from Type 1 to Type 0 is useful in those cases in which we use the MIDI file in a device that only supports Type 0 files.
MIDI file tracks can be saved independently in a new MIDI file. In such a way that, for example, we can save the guitar solo on a independent file.
Playback MIDI files is very simple, we only need to press “Play” button. W can see the tracks score of the MIDI file.
With this program we can create MIDI files playlists, in such a way that files loaded into Jukebox list, will play one after the other.
The file explorer displays relevant data about the selected files, in such a way that before we open a file, we can see the following information about that file: Type (1 or 2), CKey (C, D, E, etc.), Compass (4/4, ¾,etc.), Tempo (90, 120, etc.), Length (minutes), Number of bars, Number of tracks, Number of instruments and Lyrics.
The program does not require installation, so we only need to execute downloaded file.
The program is paid and includes the following limitations on demo version:
- Can open only 3MIDI files in the same session.
- The file browser will only show information preview of 3 files.
- Can't save the changes to MIDI files .
- Can't save playlists created.
- Each time the program is started, a message will be displayed with information about the program limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is MidiYodi downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of MidiYodi.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install MidiYodi on your PC, you have to download the MidiYodi-3.1.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 3.1.
- Is MidiYodi free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.