Review Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is a software that protects Windows and its installed softwares against the potential weaknesses affecting them.
Windows and its softwares installed in it might have some kind of vulnerability. A software is vulnerable when it can be used in such a way that it allows other operations than those for which it was created.
Therefore, if a software or operating system is vulnerable, malicious actions, such as reading/modifying the computer memory, reading/modifying the system files, etc. can be carried out.
The action of taking advantage of a weakness is called Exploit. This is why this software is called Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, meaning that it avoids the attempts of taking advantage of weaknesses of the softwares installed on your PC.
The software will remain resident in the memory once installed, and will avoid any attempt to exploit a weakness. For that purpose, this software monitors the operating system and locks any action considered suspicious. It also comes with a series of predefined Shields. These shields are applied to specific softwares. For example, the following applications can be shielded: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Java, Microsoft Office, VLC, and more.
These shields monitor applications and, if they detect that other software tries to maliciously manipulate or launch any of these applications, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will lock such action and show a message on the screen indicating that a Exploit attempt has been locked.
It's worth mentioning that this software doesn't explore the PC in search of threats to remove them later. It remains waiting, watching that no malicious software tries to exploit a weakness.
The software is paid, though we can download the beta version and enable the Trial mode. It's been made part of a 3.0 version of Malwarebytes (unifying Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware softwares), so if we install the 3.0 version of Malwarebytes, the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will be automatically uninstalled.
The software is entirely in English, but is user-friendly since we only have to install it and let it work. This means that no button needs to be pressed to make it work. Once a threat is detected, it will lock it and let us know.
If we want to protect an application installed on the PC of possible Exploits, we must go to the “Shields” tab and press “Add Shield” where we must fill in the software Name, select the executable software and choose an application type profile (browser, media player, PDF reader, etc.).
At any time, we can see the history of Exploit attempts in our system. To do this, we must tap on the “Logs” tab where we'll see the date of the Exploit attempt, and a brief summary of the action taken to avoid it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on your PC, you have to download the mbae-setup-0.10.0.1000.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit home
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 8
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP