jMonkeyEngine is an opensource software to develop three-dimension videogames.
jMonkeyEngine is download free and easy to install. It turns to be a strong and complete graphic engine to create characters and 3D scenes, as well as inserting these characters in videogames or game designing from scratch. It is written in Java language and it can also change games already devised.
It is convenient to read and check the jMonkeyEngine tutorial because it is not easy if you have never handled this kind of program. The graphic interface is structured as a node tree, where each of its branches contains other nodes at the same time, and so may it continue branching. This facilitates the work organization to create characters, screens and the general architecture of the game.
When installing jMonkeyEngine, a number of examples are added to the computer, which helps to know how this program works. This application allows configuring keyboard shortcuts according to the user's taste and comfort.
jMonkeyEngine is free, multiplatform and constitutes the ideal program if your interest is to experience creating characters and designing 3D games. It is oriented to game developers, but if you dare to try it you just have to download it from the official website and experiment with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is jMonkeyEngine downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of jMonkeyEngine.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 3.3.2-stable.
- Is jMonkeyEngine free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.