HexAssistant is a program that allows to see and to modify the content of files in format hexadecimal.
With the system of hexadecimal numeration (base 16) it is possible to decrease chains of binary code, due to the fact that in order to represent 8 bits (a chain of 8 digits in binary system) just 2 hexadecimals digits are needed.
With HexAssistant you will be able to import structures from your files in C or C , and to see them clearly with this editor. The used source is customizable. HexAssistant also can open other files in hexadecimal mode to modify them or to copy the code to the clipboard and to use it as source for C or Java.
To have a control of the modifications HexAssistant highlights out the modified data, and it allows carrying out undo o redo unlimited operations.
An useful characteristic of HexAssistant is the search option that allows to find the variables in each file, for example its hexadecimal name and value code. It also allows to compare files and to show the differences, to generate sum operations of verification and to interpret the values in different order: Little Endian or Big Endian.
If you feel more comfortable working with other numeric systems, HexAssistant translates the information in hexadecimal code to decimals values, making even easier its interpretation and modification.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is HexAssistant downloadable for Windows XP?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows XP.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of HexAssistant.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install HexAssistant on your PC, you have to download the HexAssistant_Setup28.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is HexAssistant free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.