- HDDScan Windows 10
Is your computer sick?
Tired of the need of having to go to the doctor, of depending on and outside-specialist to tell you what is wrong with you? Well, you should know that we could extrapolate the exact same situation about your computer. But, there is a way of avoiding that. All you need to do is to get involved with HDDScan. You probably don't know anything about it yet, but, we are talking a freeware software here, one that will work for hard drive diagnostics (RAID arrays servers, Flash USB and SSD drives are also supported).
So, what does it do? The program can test storage device for errors (Bad-blocks and bad sectors), show S.M.A.R.T. attributes and change some HDD parameters such as AAM, APM, etc. But, let's stop talking foreign languages here, and just get to the point. HDDScan can be useful for performing the regular "health test" for your drive and predicting its degradation, so you will be able to prevent data loss and backup your files before you would have to contact the data recovery service.
In order to summarize this, we can conclude that HDDscan is a free–noncommercial utility elaborated to prevent/detect errors on majority of storage devices. A portable hard drive testing program for Windows that can run various tests on all sorts of internal and external hard drives. The program is easy to use and all the optional features are easily accessible. Anyhow, you should always remember that it is not meant to fix or repair physically damaged data storage devices (ssd, hard drives, removable drives or mobile phones).
Talking about the good points here, we ought to mention 2 main items: S.M.A.R.T. tests & S.M.A.R.T. reports. About the tests this program can run, we will be able to differentiate three of them:
Short test: Just a couple of minutes of your time to inspect drive's main electronics, scan small part of drive's surface and check sectors from the Pending-list. In a nutshell, a quick drive testing;
Extended test: The time here will depend on the size of your drive, but, it should not be taking more than 1 hour. With this, you will be inspecting drive's main electronics and scanning the whole drive's surface.
Conveyance test: Usually lasting several minutes, this one will inspect drive's main electronics and logs that may have records which could indicate incorrect transportation or storing.
About the reports this tool has to offer, they will contain information about drive's performance and health described in attributes. That way, you might find green icons meaning things are good; yellow ones which will flag important attributes which may indicate hard-drive's malfunction; and finally the red icons, indicating big warnings to evaluate about abnormal attribute values.
What about Pros & Cons?
Talking about HDDscan, we will learn at the end that there are more good things than bad things to assess in the overall balance:
+ You can scan many different types of storage devices;
+ S.M.A.R.T. reports can be saved to a file like an MHT or TXT file;
+ Way to easy to use;
+ 100% portable;
- It only runs on Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows Server 2003);
- You cannot install it to your computer, even if you actually want to;
- There are no built-in tips, descriptions, or help documents available and it's recommended not to have any other programs running at the same time you're scanning.
Give it a try
HDDScan can be useful for performing the regular "health test" for your drive and predicting its degradation, so you will be able to prevent data loss and backup your files before you will have to contact the data recovery service. In the end, by far an exceptional piece of software with an interface that takes a little getting used to.
Additionally, software can be used as the hard disk temperature monitor and reading/writing benchmark - performance graph is displayed for every test. Plus, the tool is completely portable, which means you need to extract the files to make it work instead of installing it to your computer. You still have not given it a try? No doubt about it, this is definitely one for your goody bag.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is HDDScan downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Here you can download the 32-bit version of HDDScan.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 4.0.
- Is HDDScan free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.