FolderSizes create a graph showing the distribution of files and folders.
PCs storage capacity has increased many in recent years, which is positive and allows us to store a larger number of files. Thanks to that, we can save all our music collection on our hard disk, store Blu-Ray movies or save backup copies of several months.
However it is likely that we will fill the hard drive sooner than expected and did not even know how it has been filled so quickly. To control this situation, we must use a program like that.
FolderSizes analyzes PC storage and displays a graph where we can see, at a glance, which files or folders are taking more space in hard disk, and thus be able to know if those files are important or we can delete them to free up space on our hard disk.
The information provided by this software is varied and very useful. Offers information about:
- Duplicate files. Displays files that are duplicated and take up unnecessary space.
- Temporary files. It reports files that have been used by installers or web browsers, and that they can probably be eliminated without any problem.
- Type of files. Shows graphs where we can see the space taken by files, classifying them by extension.
- Groups of files. Displays information about groups of files (music, video, images, etc) and the space occupied by each of them.
- Older files. Displays a report with the amount of space occupied by files of 10 years ago, 5 years, 1 year, 6 months, etc.
The program allows us to generate reports with graphics and the logged information. These reports can be scheduled at any time and exported to HTML, XML, CSV format and more.
This software serves for home and servers computers, so we can have controlled servers storage at all time, and avoid the unnecessary breakdown of the system.
The software is paid and you can download a fully functional demo for 15 days to evaluate the features of the software.