FileSeek is a software specialized in easy and fast file search.
We live in an era in which all companies invest a lot of money in different cutting-edge technologies to improve their efficiency and productivity, such as big data and blockchain, among other technologies, but what they have not realized is that investing in a suitable file management system can improve their productivity, save significant amounts of time and resources, without the need to invest millions of euros.
FileSeek is a free file management software that allows users to perform file searches practically and simply. This application can search through text or expression matches or folders and subfolders; it can exclude one or more file patterns and filter the results according to the last date they were modified.
FileSeek returns the result of your search in a fast way; this is because it uses a multithreaded technology to improve the speed with which it performs its searches, making it faster than any Windows search engine, and it not only gives you a fast result, it also shows you the file name and the path where it is located.
The program has a very user-friendly interface. To perform your first search, all you have to do is the following:
- First, you must choose the location where the search will be performed, to perform this action can be done in two ways, type directly in 'path' the location, or click on ' Browse ,' which will open a pop-up window that will allow you to select the address where you want to perform the search, FileSeek can perform small searches within a folder to complete searches of your entire computer.
- Subsequently, the name of the file or word that we are looking for is indicated; FileSeek has a very flexible text search engine; we can search from the title of a folder or document to search for words or phrases within them; all we have to do is write in the ' Query ' section the phrase or word that we are looking for and FileSeek will do the magic.
- Finally, to make the search faster and more precise, we indicate the type of file we are looking for; for this, we click on ' Include Files ' where we will write the ending of the type of file we want, for example, if what we are looking for is a Word file we write .docx if what we are looking for is a PDF file we write .pdf, or if we write *.* to search without mattering the type of file.
- Done; now we need to click ' Search ' to perform your search.
FileSeek keeps search times to a minimum and shows you the results of your search in a table, where you can see the file's location, the date it was created and last modified, the file type, and the file size. If you click on any of the results, it will show you a preview of the file and a text extract showing the match it found with the search term.
FileSeek not only allows you to search by text but also has the options to:
- Filter by file name
- Filter filenames using regular expressions, advanced text queries, or patterns
- Exclude by filename
- Exclude filenames using regular expressions, advanced text queries, or patterns
- Search within files using simple text queries (e.g., 'dog')
- Filter your results to find files using regular expressions, advanced text queries, or patterns
- Filter your results to find old files, new files, or files of a specific size
- Case sensitive queries
FileSeek is a very easy-to-use, powerful tool for storing, organizing, and accessing files. Its primary purpose is to allow the user to create and store new files on their device, to see where they are stored, and to organize the files into different folders and make it easy to sort them.
Having file management software like this will help you avoid losing or deleting the wrong files, remove unnecessary or filler files and improve your productivity and time-saving.
The software has two versions, a free version with almost all the features available, or you can purchase a lifetime license for only $15 per computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is FileSeek downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of FileSeek.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install FileSeek on your PC, you have to download the ?package=fileseek&log=103 file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 6.3.
- Is FileSeek free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- FileSeek home
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7